Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Engine Compartment

on 3/8/02 6:27 AM, Craig & Cerena Robertson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  I was able to degrease the engine compartment yesterday.  Turned out pretty good.  Used Easy Off oven cleaner and Simple Green, along with the old power washer.  I would like to removed the heater core and have it tested, along with putting new seals on the heater box and windshield washer motor.  Any suggestions.  Can the Heat Core be removed from the firewall or do I have to take it out through the dash?  Thanks.

Craig
69 SS

to the best of my knowledge[ive done this with a66]you will have to drop the inner fender to  get  to  the screws and nuts holding the heater box to the firewallthe box can the beremoved from the passenger side interior allowing full acsessfor rebuilding the wholething replacing core seals switches etc p you will need an extra pair of hands to put it back in                                                        jason pollock66 el camino    s.c.c.c.c #411