I'm saving a 1971 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 car.

It sat for a long time, motor was cannibalized, not tranni.  It has the
original rear end.  Rust was everywhere.  I paid $500 for the car and
towed it home for another $120.

The car was in real bad shape when I got it.  It would be very very
expensive to bring back to its original glory.  I don't think the body
is even worth trying.  Lots of Bondo on just about every panel.  The
frame appears to be straight and free from incident however.  It has the
original 12-bolt posi in it that also looks good.

The car has been completely sanded, the entire front end dismantled and
the reconstructive surgery has begun.  The entire trunk was rusted out
and a new trunk w/ pan for a fuel cell has been welled in.  A bit more
bondo has most of the body panels in good shape.  The front fenders have
been replaced with fiberglass ones. A 4 3/4" cowl fiberglass hood is
going on as are fiberglass bumpers and deck lid.

Next up is a 10 point roll cage and Corbeau racing seats w/ 5 point
harnesses.  (I hope to live to see my 25th birthday)  I have a 1971
Camino round gage dash for it w/ out tach (Can't afford the $400-$500
people want for an original tach dash).

I have a newly rebuilt M-21 going in it which should be alright until my
job pays a bit more for a Richmond Gear 6-speed (my dream transmission).

In terms of power I plan on doing something a bit unconventional.  I am
looking for a 502 block to make a 540 out of (4.25" Eagle forged crank,
4.5" bore).  It will be a low compression motor running inexpensive iron
heads.  An EFI system is definitely in the works (maybe Electromotive if
it can be afforded).  This will be complete with water injection.  Then
one large turbo will be hooked up hopefully running 8-12#s of boost.
The goal is to have around 850HP at the crank.

That said I am sure I will have drivetrain problems but I figure I'll
deal with those when I come to them.  Hopefully the 12-bolt will
withstand the power minus the turbo, when the turbo goes on a 4 link w/
big center section will be needed I imagine.

Well there's a little summary of ym car.  I will get you guys some
pictures soon when the body work is finished or maybe after I prime it.
If anyone has any advice please feel free to comment.  The more info I
have the better off I am!!!!

Thanks so much for listening to this lengthy post and for all the advice

Christian Sager

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Manchester, CT
'71 Chevelle SS 454
'89 Caprice Estate Wagon w/ Olds 403 - soon to be