The Richmond 6-speed is very close to a direct bolt in with your setup.  I believe you will have to do very little if any mods to the crossmember. on the other had have a TH350 in the floor in my ’69 Chevelle and it is not nearly as close to a bolt in but this mod will still be done by the end of summer.  When you get the trans if you do let us know the ratios you got and what rear gear you have.  The trans is rated at about 430 hp I believe  but I have heard of numerous people running them with higher horsepower with no problems

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 12:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Richmond 6 speed?

Does anyone know if the Richmond 6 speed is a straight bolt in for a 69 chevelle/elky as a swap for the current 4 speed I've got.
I'd like to do the Tremeck 5 speed, but it's more money and more work to install, from what I remember hearing. So is my memory correct, is the Richmond 6 speed an easy placement?
As Herb's got one in his '66 I'm assuming they'll stand up to a BB motor, yes?
Thanks guys,
David '69 SS el Camino