Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] need help pulling an engine

I have never pulled an I6, but I assume it would be similar to the V8.

I assume the intake bolts onto one side and the exhaust to the other side of the head.  You should be able to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds and bolt the chain to the block through one point on each end of the engine.  In other words, use an intake port bolt in the front and an exhaust port bolt at the rear, as an example.

One other technique could be to pull the head and then use old head bolts (or other appropriately sized bolt) and put them (and maybe washers) through the chain at either end of the block, then bolt it up.

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Convertible | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle    | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes