I don't think GM is "remaking" anything.  They license the rights to
reproduce if I'm not mistaken.  You might try getting a hold of a program by
Detroit Iron.  It's a CD of photocopies of the GM Parts & Accessory manual,
Body & Chassis manual, and a couple of others.  Around $40-$50 but it's
worth it to have all the data in one place.  It takes a bit to be able to
read the GM P&A book but you can take the part numbers there and check with
http://www.partsvoice.com to see if any dealers might have it.

GM Parts & Accessory book shows 62-69 (all Chevrolets) Rochester (7027910)
are the same and 70-71 (7028056) are the same.  I have an OPG catalog from
2000 that shows them either spade ($25.05) or pin ($13.10) type.  Shows they
fit 68-77 for JUST the housing - doesn't even include the retainer.
Probably even a Buick, Olds, Pontiac, or Cadillac in those years would fit
as well.

Unfortunately, you found out the hard way about Original GM parts being
resold at a huge markup.  Sometimes these are old dealer stocks that have
been bought and many times you can find the same thing at your "local"
dealer.  I was looking for door striker bolts.  Everyone wanted $8-$10 each
for them.  Got two from my local Chevy dealer for about $3.50, tax included.
Also found a left and right door lock/latch assembly through Partsvoice
before "OEM" came out with their repos.  Got both for the price of one OEM
latch.

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky