I've  heard that putting the carpet in the sun to warm will help it fit to the contours a bit easier.   Maybe using a blow drier can make it more flexible.   Don't make any cuts until you are happy with the fit.   Also a tip - if you install bolts for the seat, belts etc  it is easier to locate the holes when it is time to cut.   DON'T I repeat DON"T install or cut until you are happy with the fit.   I got overanxious and to this day the carpet does not fit right.
rick schaefer
72 El Camino     http://members.home.net/jimmy4/rick1972elky.html
TPI 350-700r4   http://chevelles.com/showroom/ricks%20motor%20-L
Team Chevelle # 0038