That's correct.  All 4-bbl 283s used Rochester 4G or
Carter carbs.  The Q-Jet first appeared in '65 on the
396 and in '66 began transitioning to the smallblock;
the '66 327 could be had with either a squarebore or the
Q-Jet.

Tom, I have a 4-bbl intake (casting 3844459) dated E-5-4
if you're looking for one for your project.

Brad