OK Guys,
       This may sound a little strange, but hey, I'm a little strange.
I have a 65 Malibu that is still mostly stock. I was toying around
with swapping the engine to a small block, but now I have a new idea.
I may decide to keep the 6 if I can build it to a semi respectable
power level. I'm not looking to drag race, just be able to lay a
little rubber down now and again. I've seen a 4 barrel Offenhauser
intake in J.C. Whitney, but no headers or anything. Does building a
250 HP 194 C.I.D. engine sound unreasonable to you guys?? I just
think it would be cool to pop open the hood and still have the 6 in
there, and the car not be a dog is all. I realize i probably just
opened myself up to some harassment here, so be gentle.  :)

Hey!

I have a 250 ci 6-cyl in my 67.  It still has the Powerglide, though,
so it's not fast by any means.  A trans swap is in the works, but
I've done some things to the engine already.  It's my daily driver.

Clifford Performance seems to be the easiest place to get parts, and
their website (www.cliffordperformance.com) is filled with useful
stuff.  They have a series of buildups using their parts from
magazines, and they say 1 horse per cube is reachable.
I bought a 4-bbl intake and headers from them.  I'm running an
Edelbrock 1404 carb, and have no complaints with it.  The Clifford
headers seem really long, however, and if your front end is sagging
or lowered you might have header-speedbump issues. A
Crane-points-replacement box, coil, and MSD box were all good
investments too.

Next is a cam swap. :-)

Does this help?

Dave.