>I couldn't get the photos to load but did see that it's
>a '73 C20 - good choice (I have a '78 C10 so I might be
>a tad biased).

Cool...yeah I noticed the problem, not sure what it is

>The TH400 uses an electric kickdown switch mounted under
>the gas pedal.

Ok, I'll check that.

>The secondary air valve is vacuum-
>controlled and will open only enough to admit the amount
>of air needed by the engine.  As long as the carb port
>supplies manifold vacuum you're OK.

It's one near the top of the carb...I'm gonna move it today.

>   As for the pinging,
>have you checked the timing and for vacuum leaks?

Yep, both were found this morning. I re-adjusted the timing today and it no
longer pings on acceleration. When the vacuum leak was fixed the other two
barrels opened right away.

>If you're interested there's a '73-87 Chevy/GMC truck
>list/group at groups.yahoo.com.  It's fairly low-traffic
>but there are knowledgeable people there.

Thanks Brad, I'm signed up and will introduce myself when the pics get
fixed...thanks for the info.....

Kelly & Jana Hanna
'78 El Camino Super Sport 350/350
'73 Chevy C-20 Cheyenne Super 350/400