Hmmm, this is where it gets a little bit murky. I didn't realize that the
TH400 was not available in '66. I put in your zip code and looked it up as a
1969 SS 396 2dr w/ TH400 but got no results. Sorry about that. You may want
to try partsvoice.com and/or uneedapart.com.

It is normal to see some play in the TC before it is bolted up, but make
sure it is clicked in all the way before you try to bolt it.

John