Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 8:56 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] 66 Chevelle Deluxe 300 for sale

Group,

This coming weekend their will be an estate auction in Fort Hayes, KS about 3 hours west of KC/KS just off US 70 highway.  The 97 year old owner of a 66 Chevelle Deluxe has been in a home for medical care and everything is being sold. She has a 2 door 300 Deluxe Sedan with approximately 61,500 mile on it that will be auctioned around 2:00pm. She purchased this car new at the local Chevy dealership in 1966. The Kansas plates were last registered in 1995.

I was in the area and contacted the individual handling the auction how put me in contact with the guy handling her estate. I met him at her home address and he pulled the car out of the garage to let me see it. The car is Sandalwood Tan with 2 tone cloth bench seat interior with the rubber mat flooring. The interior is mint, meaning the speedo bezel chrome etc, coat hooks, ash trays, arm rest pad and assemblies are all mint. Along with the seats and door panels. The car has a matching Sandalwood dash color radio delete cover. The drive train is a 3 speed on the column with a factory 283 engine.
The exterior paint is slightly oxidized and the body has a couple minor dents and one very small rust spot that is not through the metal. I thought about getting this car but have no real use for it other than taking some parts off it which I would have felt bad. I must be a softy of some sort and also realized I did not have any need for a 300 deluxe. Drop me a line if anyone would like more info.

Dwaine
66SS