>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:57:18 EDT
>Subject: [Chevelle-List] Holley carburetor Question
>
>was told today I needed a new carburetor for 70 Chevelle, (396 Big Block)
>guys did not want to rebuild stock one.
>Recommended a Holley 450, need to replace fuel line with flex line.

450?  Or did you miss the 7 on the keypad?  ;^)

What's wrong with the existing carb that it requires a rebuild?

>How important is it to keep it stock?  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

The nice thing about carbs is that most of the time the swap can be
easily reversed in the future if necessary.  Save the original line
from the pump to the carb along with the carb and any other related
pieces.  If a stock appearance is needed in the future you'll have all
the stuff needed to do it.

Brad O.