My first choice would be to drop the tank.  You should be able to drop & reinstall in
2-4 hours.   If you go with your friends recomendation, I'd add a can of gas
stabilizer (stuff usually added before storage) and a full tank of gas to dilute the
old stuff.  Changing the fuel filter a couple times is definitely a good idea.
rick
---------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Morning.....

Restoring a 66 Chevelle malibu and I really dont want todrop the tank, there
is about 1/2 -1 gallon of gas in there and dont know how long its been there.
Is there any solution or maybe dry gas that will eat up the existing fuel ?
Friend of mine told me to dump 5 gallons of super unleaded gas in the tank
and add a bottle of dry gas . He said the fuel filter will pick up and
sediment in the tank till it clears and then replace the fuel filter again.
Think this is a good idea or worth trying ??

Thanks....John

rick schaefer
72 El camino
http://members.home.net/jimmy4/rick1972elky.html