-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Herbert Lumpp
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 7:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Massive wheel hop. Why?

Mine's similar to Tom's but a little different... I have the Global West
lower arms with the spherical bearing on the frame side and the Del-a-lum
bushings on the housing side, the stock upper arms are boxed and have the
original rubber bushings as per GW's instructions.

At the moment, there is no wheel hop with 500+ hp.  Next week I should have
my new rear with posi in place and then we'll see if the wheel hop gremlin
rears its ugly head.

Someone else asked if the rear suspension bolts were tightened while the car
was off the ground.  If it was, then I would suggest loosening all the bolts
and "bounce" the car a couple of times.  Then tighten the bolts up with full
vehicle weight on the ground.  Urethane bushings are very stiff and will
bind the rear suspension preventing it from articulating properly.  If all
the bolts are tightened while the car is off the ground, the bushings will
bind even worse and most likely change the pinion angle.

cYa-

Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd
ACES 3509