-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brad Waller
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 2:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] No low beams

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Fischer
>
> Subject: [Chevelle-List] No low beams
>
> Used the Chevelle in the dark and had no low beams but the
> high beams do work. I just ordered a new headlight switch
> because the old know is broken off. Is the no low beam
> problem possibly the switch and should I do nothing
> until the switch arrives and is replaced?  What would be
> the diagnostic path to follow for this problem?

This sounds exactly like a problem I had with my Corvette.  It was
corroded contacts at the hi/low switch in the footwell.  Pull the
connector and you can check the switch operation with a continuity/ohm
meter.  If it is OK, it is likely the connector or a wire under the
hood.  I removed the foot switch and cleaned the contacts and the
connector (dremel with wire brush), and then it worked fine.  This is a
simple and free solution, so if it does not work, you are not out
anything.

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Convertible | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle    | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes