Marvel Mystery oil sometimes works... At our shop we/I use the ATF method as
it is just as safe as the marvel mystery oil. I also think the ATF cleanzies
better, where as the Marvel seems to lubricate better. I commonly dump in
Marvel mystery oil in vehicles with noisy FI fuel pumps and what not, but
for cleaning and removing sludge from injectors, lifters, internal motor I
use the ATF. You may want to use a combination of the two... Try the mystery
oil... change oil then run ATF mix... change the oil and maybe one last shot
using the Marvel again. If that doesn't do it... I think you are gonna be
stuck ripping it down.

In terms of the diesal trick... it actually works very well if you follow
the correct procedure. I really don't care for it and don't know all the
fine details of using this method, but I have seen it done to the real nasty
motors and work well. The key thing to remember is not to go over idle!!!
When your rpm goes up, diesel fuel looses it oiling ability quickly. Also I
know you need a certin blend of diesel for this method.

Mikey