The Cheetah was built by Bill Thomas in CA. He did many special projects for
Chevy including a dealer kit to install a V8 in a 62 Nova. He also worked on
the first 427 Camaros. It still has a big following and I hear there is a
company that is going to build 100 retro Cheetahs. A search will show some
web sites on them.

<< Speaking of the old days... Does anyone remember a Chevy powered car known
 as the Cheetah?  I think they came with a 427 and were around 2000lbs total.
 I don't remember the details, but I thought it was supposed to be an effort
 to compete with the AC Cobras. >>