Here are somer terms used that I got off a Mercury list I'm on for my
sons car.
If you don't know what they mean, its a lesson in car lingo.
If you already do, you are ahead of me by a few years.
I didn't know these a few years ago.

Shaved=the taking off of all chrome pieces, door
handles,molding, etc,etc.
     Decked=the taking off of chrome on trunk
     Nosed=the taking off of chrome on hood
     Frenched=the recessing of different parts like headlights,
taillights, lic. plate box, ant., etc.
     Chopped=taking out inches of roof pillars to drop the top down,
door frames, window glass, windsheild will all need to be cut down or
reformed.
      Channeled=dropping the floor over the frame rails.
      Nosed, Decked and Shaved mean the same thing. When using Shaved
to describe your car Nosed and Decked are extra words.