>Please  explain more.

>Texas has a rolling 25 year exemption. You shouldn't have to get anything    more than a safety inspection for a 68.

Skip,
    There's no sniffer test or visual inspection for cars over 24 years old here in Texas. The current emissions test is not applicable for cars that were made prior to 1978. When Jan 1st hits it'll be 1978. All they do is a safety inspection ($12.50)...You remember the old turn signal, horn and lights tests....that's them. I would retain the original air cleaner for a possible visual inspection, but other than that you're clear.

Kelly & Jana Hanna
www.hannawoodworks.com