Well I'm 50/50 her. First off I think alot of the stuff in Magazines lately is CRAP! The articles seem to be more like advertisements for parts and there has been a lot of controversy in the past year or two about the actually $$$ in projects and the dyno results of such combos. I would say the real info to be learned is from reputable people around you, books, and some sites on the net are good, but you gotta be careful. Learn about the theory and physics of the combustion engine and work your way from there.

On the other hand... No disrespect Chad, for as many messages at a variety of times of day that Chad has posted.... he really hasn't seemed to make much effort on his own. Take a day off Chad and go do some reading at the Library. That is just how I see things.

Mikey
----- Original Message -----
From: Herbert Lumpp
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 7:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] No magazines required...

My point was, I would rather see posts like:  "I read an article about
'insert subject here' in 'insert magazine here' and the article said:
'insert comments here.'  What do you guys (and gals) think about that?"

Instead of the constant: "What is this? What is that?" type of posts with no
contributions to the list.

I know I'm not the oldest person on the list, but when I started learning
about cars I read lots of magazines, took auto shop in high school, helped
my dad work on his cars, and eventually got worked on my own cars.  I didn't
have a computer with hundreds of people at my fingertips.  I know almost
everyone on the list can relate...

I'm not upset or mad, I'm just pointing out there is more than one source of
information and suggest some people try it once in a while.

cYa-

Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd, Currie 9"
ACES 3509, MCC 528