on 7/30/02 9:54 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Never heard of a L88 Chevelle built at the factory. L89 I have heard of in 68
> and 69. When you hear numbers of the LS6 convertible - they are all guesses.
> There are no production numbers on LS6 convertibles.

I've heard of the '68 L89 and have even seen one, too.  But it had no
documentation to verify originality.

As for LS6 convertibles, all the numbers being touted out there are just
guesses.  Chevrolet didn't keep accurate records on them by engine/body
style/color etc.  I have paperwork (build sheets or p-o-p's or window
stickers and/or vin & engine tracings) on 16 different ones currently known
to exist.

My personal dream car is a '70 L89 convertible w/M22 Muncie.  Anyone got one
laying around?

Chuck