I've never done it to a chevelle box, but I rebuilt the box in my van
even if its been a while.

If the chevelle boxes are the same kind (lost of small balls) the I
would get the special tool needed, as I used a homemade piece of wood
which is not ideal.

I spent two whole days doing this because of those balls jumpin all
over the place.

Its doable but get a drawing of the box, take your time to do it 100%
right (if I remember well the balls are of two sizes) be PATIENT, be
PATIENT,be PATIENT,be PATIENT,be PATIENT,be PATIENT,be PATIENT.

André