From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Craig A. Ellis
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 7:42 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Vacuum problem?

Dale, that's what I've always thought but I think the cowl induction system works manifold vacuum drops - as in when the throttle is punched wide open. My understanding is that vacuum is what keeps the cowl closed - that's why is snaps open when you turn off the motor. I am not a mechanic and could be wrong about all this - but the logic of the system seems to indicate this is how it should work.

Craig E