Larry
Sounds like you're in the southern climates if they only want 500 for a
convertible and 100 for an elky. Lucky man. We have to get them brought up
to Canada and then they cost an arm and a leg. Its for this reason that I'm
shortening an elky frame to put under my 64 convertible. Its a Beaumont
sport deluxe ( canadian only model ) so is quite rare and thus worth all the
bother. All running gear is std Chev.
In answer to your question I got the measurements from the shop manual.
While doing all my research I had fellow club members fax me in the frame
diagrams from 64 thru 67 manuals ( both canadian and american versions ).
All show the same dimensions ( although 1 diagram was in fractions of an
inch )
Last weekend I removed the frame from an elky and am now sending it out to
get sandblasted. Then plan on using POR-15 and maybe topcoat with a less
glossy chassis black.n Have no experience with powder coatings.
Nobody has come back with answers about whether frames from other makes such
as Olds, Buick or Pontiac will also match up. I do know that I checked about
6 of them at a meet and each line has their own set of numbers. If someone
had a diagram from a shop manual to fax me ( 705-258-4829 ) I'd be willing
to compare.
Hope this helps.
Ted