I fell smarter! But I won't tell you why!
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Craig A. Ellis
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 10:00 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] small block motor opps!!

OK, John. Lest you feel too stupid, allow me to ahhhh one-up you. I hauled my car down to Gary Levitt, a frame guy with a very spiffy Brewco 360 degree frame machine. All I wanted him to do was "dimension" the car and prove that the frame was square. You see, I've been chasing a vibration bug all summer and started to think the frame might be slightly out of square, blah, blah blah. Anyway, I decided to PROVE that it was either OK or not and took it to Gary.

He dug into the job, dimensioning away, and found that the frame was - for some weird reason - higher on the passenger side than the driver side. Well, he chewed on this factoid for a couple hours, trying to figure out how in the world he could correct such an oddity. I mean, the lower control arm heights were off by 3/8 of an inch! When I got there we crawled all over the undercarridge while it was up on his Brewco. Could not figure out what was wrong. Meanwhile, I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking - oh no, I bought a real pig this time - one that can't even be FIXED!

Then I happened to glance at the tires...five minutes later, while staring intently at my toes and blushing with embarassment (really), I confessed that it was none other than yours truly that mounted the 245/60's on the left and the 225/70's on the right the night before I broght it in to Gary's shop. Apparently I had suffered a "Homer Moment" (dohh!).