There are so many versions of Outlook Express, but try under Tools >
Options.  There should be an option somewhere in there what to do when
replying to a message and "...including original message..." is probably NOT
selected.  On Outlook 2000 it's under Tools > Options > Email Options - On
replies and forwards; then you select from a drop down box what to do with
the original message.

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky