Title: Message
It occurs to me that for a hobbiest, a used quality machine will give better service than a brand new inexpensive machine and, like Chevelles, be worth what you paid for it when you're done.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chevelle 69
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 6:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] welder

Don,
        While I am sure there will be some exceptions, and some guys will claim they have a good one of brand X and it has done great for them, I personally wouldn't spend hard earned money on something that works so hard if I wasn't absolutely sure of the quality. I would go with either a Miller, Lincoln, or Hobart. Nothing else. My welding instructor said to make sure it was american made. There is some pretty cheap stuff made overseas. A budy of mine had to trash his Italian made machine because he couldn't get parts to repair it. My brother-in-law is a welder by trade and teaches welding as well. He recommended a Lincoln to me. That's what I have.

Miller, Lincoln, or Hobart. Sometimes there are good reasons to pay a little extra to get quality. This is one of those times.

                  JMHO

                                    Steve