I'm going to look at the fuel gauge ground tomorrow. Everything on a 64 dash bezel is grounded through one small screw. It's one of the screws that holds the dash bezel on. The only problem there is that the cigarette lighter also grounds through the same screw and it works fine. One more thing my wife calls the car Christine and I'm starting to believe her. REALLY!  Vernon
----- Original Message -----
From: vmckague
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 11:26 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Fuel gauge part 2

I forgot to say that when I put in the new sender it showed 1/8 tank of gas which should have been right. But the next day when I started it it peged the gauge like it wasn't even hooked up. Went to the gas station and filled it and it showed 1/8 tank again. After driving about 1 mile it slowly went up to 3/4 and that is where I am now. Thanks, Vernon McKague