From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:owner-chevelle-list@;chevelles.net]On Behalf Of John C. Butler
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 12:59 PM
To: Chevelle-List@Chevelles. Net (E-mail)
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Alternator conversion

Ok, I upgraded my alternator on my 66 with a internal regulator and followed
the instructions exactly from Chevelle Tech
http://www.chevelles.com/techref/ftecref14.html  now if I connect the idiot
light wire to the alternator I cannot shut off the car. The alternator is
charging ok, and the car runs just fine with the wire off, but I have no Gen
idiot light....hmm..maybe it will not work because I'm not an idiot.  Any
suggestion from the Chevelle Gods?....Could the ignition switch be bad?

JB