Thanks to all those who responded - some questions create some good dialog!

Larry,  or anyone else,  my '66 SS was built the 3rd week May 1966.  I have
searched the restoration supplier catalogs and like you said have found
only 1967 drivers remote mirror as a reproduction - nothing listed for '66.
Would a '67 drivers remote be of the same style as to what was put on SS
built in May of '66?

Kurt, thanks for the lead, I went through my '66 Factory Assembly Manual
and stuck in the back was the Z19 option specs - and sure enough I located
the screw holes, clips and wire leads tucked away for the Hood and Trunk
lights, but the light assemblies have long been removed.

Krister

"Kurt  and Rocky:
yikesssssss out of that somehow i got that it was for the passenger door!!!
well anyway what i meant was yes they made a remote for 66 CHEVELLES. the
early remotes were the same as 64 and 65 CHEVELLES and the later 67 built
cars were a 67 (it maybe for 68 too) only mirror. they make the later one
in reproduction. i have never seen a passenger remote or a matching non
remote for any chevelle. Yes, and I think the two look weird together.
sorry about the mix-up.
                                                                Larry (z)"