>> My question is, who the hell cares?

Reminds me of the old adage: Apathy, who cares?

I see again the point was missed.  Obviously the writer of the question
cares about poor instructions, missing and misleading information.  My
comments were NOT directed at any one person in particular, certainly
not the writer and was NOT meant to be funny or a put down.

The point is if you can't communicate, either by the written word or
orally, you're going to have a tough time in the world.  I'm sure all of
us have received poor or incomplete (in our own opinion) instructions on
doing something with our cars and nothing frustrates me more than poor
instructions on how to accomplish a task...any task.  Maybe we've been
told some job should only take a couple of hours and, due to our
personal lack of skills or knowledge in that area, it winds up taking
three days.  Is that our fault or can we push the blame to someone else?

Most email programs have a spell check in them.  If yours doesn't, try
running MS Word or Wordperfect.  Type the word in question and check it
there.  If you still can't figure out how to spell it, don't use it.
Think of another way of asking the question or stating the opinion.  Why
push the burden to someone else to figure out what you're trying to say?
If you can't figure it out, how can someone else?  Not having typing
skills is not an excuse in my opinion.  Typing is simply an alternative
to writing with pencil and paper and much easier to correct.  It doesn't
matter if you type 100 words a minute or one a minute with a straw
between your teeth.  If this simple skill eludes us, how can we be sure
of our other skills?

If NOBODY cared, pretty soon we'd be so lax that nobody could figure out
what anyone was saying, we'd have parts that don't fit and instructions
that made no sense.  I'm sure we've all been there and experienced it.
Do we only care when it happens to us?

Dale