Good news for us driving young kids around in our Chevelle's

I found a 5 - point harness car seat called Husky made by Britax that is
forward facing for kids 22 lbs to 80 lbs and to a max height of 53".  I
called Britax's customer service and they verified that this seat only uses
a lap belt for the full duration of its use up to 80 lbs or 53".  If used
in a shoulder / lap belt application - the shoulder belt and lap belt are
held together with a clip and passed through the seat as a lap belt.  These
seats are relatively new to the market and in checking with my local Zany
Brainy and Babies R Us they have not received any yet.  However; they can
be ordered online as well.

http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cfm?id=DC0D7127-A6B2-42EB-84321E6A28508BAD

This gets me out of the woods for probably four more years, but reto-
fitting to rear shoulder belts is probably eminent

Thanks Brian for the link original amazon.com which directed me the Britax
brand

Krister Meister
Bartlett, IL
'66 SS #'s matching

We had to address this when we had an '87 Olds 98 and we went through the
Olds dealer and get some universal ones ordered and installed there. They
mounted through the rear deck (behind the seat). And we used a child
booster
car seat in my truck belted in the center seat. It was legal where I live
use that. Here is one that may work.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005LJE7/pictures/14/14/002-

8390481-5495218?v=glance&s=baby&vi=pictures#more-pictures

Brian Zack
'70 Chevelle Malibu
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]