Well, I was to pick up my body and doors this morning from Carponents but things went from bad to worse. I reserved the same trailer I used 4 weeks ago to take the car to the dipper but when I got there they said my Sonoma was too small to pull and stop with that trailer. I have the tow package and a class 3 hitch. Arguing did no good. So, I rented a 14' truck. This should be big enough, right? I only need 12' for the body. I pulled up to the shop and there was my car sitting on the dolly held up by forks on the hi-lo. I open the door to the truck and I had a fit. There is about a 2.5' box type shelf at the back of the truck. We measured the length and it came to 11'3". Now I'm not only embarrassed but fit to be tied. I paid the guy to try and save some face for being stupid for not looking inside the truck before I took it. Now I have to get it Sunday. I had to put $10 in the truck gas tank and paid $68 for the rental and I still don't have the car. The only consolation to all this, is that the car looks better than I thought it would.(no hidden sins or cancer) When I get it, I'll post some before and after pictures.
Rich
"66 Malibu
ACES # 5066