From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Larry Brown
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 9:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Bad news came tonight...

All,

I found out some bad new about Lucy tonight.. Now before everyone gets worried Lucy is my 65 Chevelle Wagon.. Now on with the story. I have had some knocking in my engine at idle for a while. At  a friend's suggestion I remove the mechanical fuel pump and replaced it with a electric one.. Waaa;llllaaa the noise seemed to go away for a while.. Lately I have heard the knocking sound again. so I took it to a local guy http://www.kennyeakles.com/ (not an advertisement just wanted to put his opionion in purspective) .. and he says that I have a rod knocking and most likely will need  a shortblock or maybe I can get this one bored over.... Also to start looking at kits to rebuild the engine... So here is where my questions starts... I only have about 5 months of messing with older cars and definately don't have the expertise to fix it myself, YET!!... Any ideas on good books, kits< crate engines??

tia

Larry