Web makeovers are hugely hard work - I'd rather pull a engine than do one.
The last time I did my company site it took me three days of very hard
toil - and we've got a simple, no-brainer site.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Al McKenzie
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 2:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] chevelles.net vs. chevelles.com

Chevelles.net is hosting quite a few of the online chevelle clubs and is
on a different server than chevelles.com. Each club has private ftp
access to log in and manage their info, if it was on the chevelles.com
server it would not work as that site has only one login account so
everyone would have access to everyone else's files.. And can overwrite
them too! It also seemed tidier to have them separate.

Turns out this helps the bandwidth as well. Chevelles.com is at the edge
of our providers limits right now, the extra from the .net would push it
over.
Also, this majordomo mailing list is on the chevelles.net server as the
chevelles.com server is not able to host a mailing list.

There is zero content actually shared between the sites. Chevelles.net
has the database of chevelle related links, so some of the links
naturally do go to chevelles.com

Both sites are in serious need of makeovers.
Hope this 'splains it.
Al