Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 8:43 AM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] 66-67 Kick panels

According to the GM P&A book, C.A.C. is Car Air Conditioning (All Weather, 4 season, Deluxe) and was the regular side control A/C system you ~normally~ see (RPO C60) and used assembly line installed A/C components and is mixed with the heater.  The lesser type of A/C was the dealer installed "hang on" (called Comfort-Car and has no RPO since it was dealer installed) that had the dial operated box hanging under the dash and didn't route ducts up in the dash or in the kick panels - sort of like http://www.team67.com/1967/gallery/survivors/gold_malibu_dash_inside.jpg.  These were different styles as the dealer often either bought them through different suppliers or farmed them out for installation.  The one in the picture above has the knobs side-by-side and the one in a 67 Chevelle dealer brochure has the knobs arranged one over the other

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS/67 Elky
Dale’s Place