Guys,
I have a real stumper. I recently acquired an NOS (still has the
cosmoline on it) 12 bolt carrier from a guy. The GM tag on the carrier
is 488373. The carrier looks like an Eaton and the dimensions look very
similar to another Eaton carrier I have in the shop out of a 69 Chevelle 12 bolt. The case has the casting number B292 on it but nothing else. Here is the clincher, the gears are 31 spline. I counted twice and tried to put a 30 spline axle in to no avail. I gave the part number to a GM parts guy who said the number was discontinued in 84. It referenced another number that came up 12 posi passenger car but that's it and it too was discontinued. Any ideas on this 31 spline 12 bolt "Eaton" carrier GM number 488373.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Trooper