Thanks Herb. The tech section has a complete drawing of my electrical system. This should really help. Vernon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] low volts part 2

Vernon,

Just to be sure I'd put the voltmeter directly on the alt's output lug.  If you car has the original harness, the wire that charges your battery could be corroded causing a lot of resistance between the alt and battery.

If I remember correctly, the alt has to send power through a lot of places before ever reaching the battery, such as the fuse box and instrument panel.

The best person I could recommend for you to talk to would be M.A.D. Enterprises http://www.madelectrical.com/  You should be able get an answer for all of your electrical questions and they won't even try to sell you anything.  They're very helpful.

cYa-

Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino
ACES 3509, MCC 528