Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:07 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] update on engine rebuild (Its a bad day)

All,

So here is the new happenings on my engine issues. As you know from the last email I decided to remove and disassemble the engine. When I got it tore apart, I took it down to a friend at the local hot rod shop and had him check it out. The Crank had major damage and the cam was pretty wore out as well. It looked like the engine had been rebuilt recently (as I was told from the guy I bought it from), but I guess they did a crappy job. So after talking with the guy's at the shop I decided that I should get a rebuilt engine from a local rebuilder and have the guy's at the shop put a mild cam in it and tune it up after the fact. So I will probably get the Long block on Wednesday and start putting it back in the car. This actually worked out pretty well as I used this as an opportunity to fix some things on the car. I installed all new energy suspension body mounts, Straightened out the frame and body alignment, Had a friend who is a locksmith replace all the locks on the car, took out and repainted the dash console, a few other misc. things and... put a dent on the left corner of my hood... Well the last one was an accident ;)

thanks
Larry