From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of K. Kaya
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Bead blasting

Hey John,
Found this info on the Corvette resto list I belong to...comes from John Hinkley who is very well respected in the Corvette resto world...

I haven't found any clear sprays that won't yellow with the kind of heat an
intake manifold sees. Rather than bead-blasting, I have my intakes (and all
other aluminum parts) "re-skinned", which both cleans them and restores the
original appearance without changing the surface texture; they clean up with
brake cleaner on a rag.

Try this link to see an example of "re-skinned" aluminum parts on my '69 Z/28:

       http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/johnz/Znoaclcarb.JPG

       There are only two places in the country to get this done, as far as I
know; I have my stuff done by Jerry MacNeish (www.z28camaro.com) in
Eldersburg, Maryland - check his website for all the first-class work they do.

       The other place is Don Dorfman (used to own ASL, started a similar
business a while ago, has sold it but is still working with the new owner) -
Don's e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED], shop is in Tacoma, Washington.

John Hinckley
'57 270