From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 7:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] winter sucks

I'm in the Cleveland area.  I guess I just have SoCal envy.. :-) (or any other part of the country where you can drive classics all year round).
I understand where you're coming from Dave. Ohio winter's suck! It's hard not to envy those that live in Ca. or Fl. when you're shivering in your boots while you stand in snow & gaze at your beloved Chevelle under the car cover.
Yeah, I guess you make a good point about all the stuff that is in Ohio.  I do happen to enjoy driving to Summit (45 mins) when I'm buying new parts.  Carlisle is an annual tradition for a group of us.  I think Chevellabration would be an 8 hour drive for me.
Steve made some great points too. Aside from the weather, Ohio is really pretty "car friendly". There are lots of car related things to do & organizations around here. We're also pretty centrally located for a lot of car stuff going on in the Eastern or Midwestern part of the country.
It's just too cold!  Brrrrr... My thermometer at 6:30pm reads 10 degrees.  My garage is both un-insulated and un-heated.  Actually, last night it was so cold that my fluorescent lights wouldn't turn on out there.
I agree!  Cold Sucks! I have to work out in it all night! Try standing in the middle of the highway trying to clear up an auto accident when it's 10 degrees with a howling wind & blinding snow & every other driver is irrate & wants to run you over!
As for the cops, there's good ones to be found everywhere -- except in my rearview.
HaHa! I understand. Yeah, there are good cops & bad cops just like there are good & bad mechanics, plumbers, etc. But really, what we usually get upset about is when they "catch us" when we're doing something we know we really shouldn't be doing. It is natural to bad mouth the cop because he wrote us a ticket "just because we laid rubber for 100 feet.......sideways" He was just doing his job. We all know it, we just don't want to admit it.  Human nature.
Be careful out there,
Don.... your friendly neighborhood cop
-Dave

Dave,
          where are you at in Ohio?

While I agree with you that some of the boys in blue in some places, mostly hiway guys and some little town guys, can be a little "tight", I know one great city cop that talks common sense. He's a great member of our Tri-State Chevelle club. In fact we made him our Sgt-At-Arms :) He's on this list so be expecting some comments.

As for the winter and cold ....ok ...have to agree a bit there. Pretty hard to do much including work on cars. While my garage is heated, when you do something where you need to get rid of fumes ....letting a 10 degree wind come through kinda shivers your wrenches.

But the one thing I will have to disagree with you on is the general statement that Ohio is not the car friendliest place in the world. Ok ..well maybe not THE friendliest ...at least in the sense that you refer to, but with Jegs, Summit, Flaming River, and a whole bunch of other car related businesses I can't even think of being located here, and the great shows in Columbus such as Good Guys, big events at the raceways, being centrally located so we can go to Chevellabration in a few hours, Muscle car nationals in even less, Indy for a while host of car related events, and even Carlisle on the other side..... did I mention Michigan above us?

 Well I think you get the point :)   Hang on man ...spring will be here in a matter of days!  January is almost over!

                                                                       Steve