I have a 71 Elky that I want to add boxed control arms and a rear sway bar to
improve handling.  My questions are around the tubular brace (Edelbrock in this
case) that runs from the lower to the upper control arms for support.  Some of
the materials that I have read talk about replacing a current thin piece of
metal which I don't seem to have on my 71.  Was some form of brace standard on
71's and is the brace necessary or worth the money to add or upgrade?

Thanks,
Gene