When I did my 70 I took a chisel and gave a few good whacks in the middle
which colapses the bushing and you can then pry it out.  But I did have
everything out and on the bench. If you jack up your rear end and support it,
you can remove the lowers and sandblast and paint them up if you have a
little time on your hands.

But WATCH OUT !!!  I suddenly decided everything needs painting cause
...while I'm there I might as well.....next thing you know the rear is all
out.  I have a bad habbit of going nuts and I loose lots of driving time.

If you think its a 2 hour job, I multiply by 4 and thats on a good day.

Just thinking out loud.....your experience may be different......depends on
how nuts you are on cleaning and making it look good!

Bill C
70 LS6 in Ct