Tom, do your pipes turn down at all by the bumper, or are they straight back?  I have turned-down tailpipes on my '70 and don't get any "blue-bumper".  For the original poster, I would definately run tailpipes all the way to the back and to have them turned (angled) down.  I think on '67s, some had a slight out-ward angle to them too -- i always thought that looked pretty cool.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 5:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Mufflers and Pipes=67 Chevelle

I would have them dump down past the tires.  The exhaust on my 70 dumps out under the bumper.  It looks factory, but it will give what I call "Blue Bumper Syndrome".  The exhaust fumes turn the bumper a bluish color.  It wipes off with some detailer or wax, but can be a real pain b/c it happens everytime I drive it.

Tom