I need some advice on installing the exhaust manifold on my 396. It's a 1966 Chevelle.  I removed the headers to put the stock manifolds back on. The motor is in the car. The passenger side went in no problem. The driver side does not want to fit. I tried from the top and the bottom and the steering arm gets in the way no matter what I try. Is there a trick to putting it in? Do I need to remove the steering arm? If so, how difficult is that? Thanks for any advice.

Rob S.

1966 Chevelle SS396 Conv.

---