----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 8:24 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Insurance

If you call Hagerty don’t answer yes if they ask you if you have nitrous on the car. I said I was thinking about it after I gave her my name and I was abruptly told that they couldn’t do business with me. I called back the next day to try again and they already had my name on file as a “decadent” nitrous user.

I was told that if a car ever had nitrous on it they wouldn’t insure it. I asked the girl how they could possibly know if a car ever had nitrous installed. She didn’t know, but since I said I was going to install nitrous there was nothing they could do for me. At that point I got mad and said, “I see, you would rather have someone lie to you than be up front.” She said, “No sir, but you said you were going to use nitrous.” I said, “You’re telling me that because I said I was thinking about putting a nitrous system in my car that you can’t insure me?” She said, ”That’s right sir, that’s our policy.” At that point I replied, “Sounds to me like I would have insurance right now if I lied doesn’t it?” She wouldn’t answer me.

I think they are ridiculous.

Bill Vander Werf