Need some information about 12 bolt rear ends.  I recently purchased a 12 bolt
housing that has apparently been modified for a c-clip eliminator set up.  I
didn't realize it until I started pulling parts together.  Now my questions.
What is the correct measure flange to flange for the 12 bolt (want to be sure
no other housing mods were done)?  If no other modifications were made to the
housing, can I use the stock axles (c-clip design) with c-clip eliminators?
And last, are there any big downsides to the c-clip eliminator set ups?

Thanks,
Gene