Title: Message
I hope you report back on the resulst. I had the same problem with a 72 Chevelle - drove me nuts. I finally put in a battery disconnect so I wouldn't get stranded.

Craig E.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of John W. Lonadier, Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Battery Draining

WELL I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE ALTERNATOR ITSELF. I was talking to a friend a work and he asked me when did it start doing it and what did you do to it around the same time. That's when I remembered that I had unplugged the alternator WITH THE BATTERY STILL HOOKED UP!! DUH, I KNOW BETTER THAN DOING THAT. I did try the regulator first but that was not it. So after the battery charged last night I was able to fire her up a go to AutoZone where they checked my charging system on the car and it said that there was a bad diode in the alternator. I bought another one, alternator, from them and changed it in the parking lot. Hope that does it, I will find out tomorrow morning when I try it because I left the battery hooked up.
Thanks Clint, Cecil "Steve" and Blazerman for all the help.

John L.
ACES #5597
LS5 CLONE