Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 7:44 AM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] 11 second street car

My car is a 71 that I bought as a project about 2 1/2 years ago now. I built my motor first and had it sitting on a stand, then I needed to find it a home.

The motor is a .030 over 454 (460) with Speed Pro 2465 forged pistons. With my combination I have a 10 to 1 compression ratio. It has a balanced rotating assembly, ported oval port heads, a complete Crane (139731) roller cam setup with their gold race roller rockers, an 850 Holley double pumper and an Edelbrock RPM air gap intake manifold. I used a MSD 6AL ignition system with a MSD billet distributor. It has Hooker super comp headers with 3” exhaust through Flowmasters dumping right in front of the Moser Ford 9” rear end with a 3.89 posi center chunk turning 28 X 10.5 - 15  ET Drag tires. It has a performance built Turbo 400 with an ATI 3000 stall converter and a B&M ratchet shifter.

The car weighs just under 3900 pounds with me in it.

Good luck with yours. Don’t let small setbacks dishearten you.

Bill Vander Werf