You will need a degree wheel and a dial indicator.  Install a degree
wheel on the front of crankshaft.

Find true top dead center. Make sure your pointer is pointing at "0" at
true top dead center. This is when #1 piston is at top dead center. A
dial indicator or a positive stop can be used to find top dead center.
If a dial indicator is used, then just turn engine over, with dial
indicator on top of piston, and go .050 of an inch in both directions.
Half way in between is true top dead center. We usually use a piece of
wire or coat hanger for a pointer, so we can move the pointer one way or
the other to get half way between. Be sure and check your pointer by
going both directions again .050. Both readings on dial indicator should
read exactly the same on your degree wheel.

Place dial indicator on #1 intake lifter. Turn engine over until the
lifter is at maximum rise. Turn engine over both directions .050 as read
on your dial indicator and note where the pointer is pointing on degree
wheel. Both directions. Half way between the two is where your degreed
in at by centerline off intake valve. If your cam was ground in at say,
110 centerline, then that is where your reading should have been if you
installed your cam in at "0". However, some cams are ground 4 degrees
advanced; therefore, your reading could have been 106 centerline, and
still would be installed at "0".

Your cam can also be degreed in using the intake opening point and
closing point method, (in degrees) along with degreeing in, or at least
checking, the exhaust valve degrees in the same manor.

Some websites:
http://www.boyleworks.com/ta400/psp/camshaft.html
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jholthenrichs/degreea.htm
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/TechInfo/IECCTech8.html - has